This course provides training for design of on-site sewerage systems in BC. The purpose is to provide the foundational knowledge required by the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC as a condition of certification as a Registered Onsite Wastewater Practitioner – Planner and the design related competencies required by the Engineers and Geoscientists of BC for self declaration of competency for onsite sewerage practice for a P.Eng. or P.Geo.
- Fundamentals of onsite sewerage design.
- The Sewerage System Regulation provisions specifically related to system design.
- An in-depth orientation to the BC Ministry of Health's Sewerage System Standard Practice Manual including standards for system selection, system configuration and specification.
- Site and soil assessment.
- Documentation for sewerage Filing and Certification submissions to the Health Authority.
- Participants will complete case studies for design of a simple gravity dispersal system and a conventional pressure distribution system. These may be submitted as work examples to support your application for ROWP Planner Certification by ASTTBC.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30 - 9:00 pm, twelve sessions.
- The webinars are live and interactive, using ZOOM conferencing software.
- Audio options include our toll-free telephone conference call or voice-over-internet options.
- Instructor-led lecture with learning exercises, group discussion, review sessions.
- Learning resources are provided including digital files for:
- BC Sewerage System Regulation
- BC Sewerage System Standard Practice Manual
- ASTTBC Policies and Guidelines
- EGBC Policies and Guidelines
- Interpretive bulletins from the Ministry of Health
- PowerPoint slide printouts and study notes.
- Extensive learning exercises, practice quizzes, self-study resources and case studies.
- Recordings of the sessions will be available for a limited time for your review (helpful if you miss a session!)
To register for this course please select the ADD TO CART button. Or, we can reserve your spot (pay later!) - just let us know.
If you require additional information, please don't hesitate to contact us. Call or email us directly, or use the contact form below.
Cancellations received at least 7 days prior to course date will result in a full refund. Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to the course are subject to a $200 administrative fee, with full reimbursement of the remaining balance. Substitutions of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
EQUIP Training may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment, in which case EQUIP's liability is limited to a full refund of the registration fee.
Get in touch!
We value one-to-contact. Please don't hesitate to call or email us for discussion about your pathway to ROWP certification or your professional development needs.
We are happy to help.