This course provides training for maintenance and inspection of on-site sewerage systems in BC. The purpose is to provide the foundational knowledge required by the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC as a condition of certification as a Registered Onsite Wastewater Practitioner – Maintenance Provider and for ROWP - Private Inspector.
Participants will also become familiar with the work experience requirements and administrative procedures for approval of ROWP applicants by ASTTBC.
- The regulatory framework, including the aspects of the Sewerage System Regulation applicable to maintenance and inspection, the Municipal Wastewater Regulation, a cursory introduction to other regulations relevant to maintenance and inspection such as the Riparian Area Regulation, local maintenance bylaws, etc.
- Policies and Practice Guidelines of ASTTBC and EGBC related to maintenance and inspection.
- The Sewerage System Standard Practice Manual standards and guidelines for maintenance.
- Maintenance procedures, trouble shooting and repair of treatment and dispersal systems.
- Inspection procedures for performance inspections (real estate deals) and compliance inspections (building permits).
- Participants will complete maintenance service reports and inspection reports for a simple gravity dispersal system and a conventional pressure distribution system using type 2 treatment. These may be used as work examples for submission to ASTTBC in support of your application for ROWP - Maintenance Provider and/or Private Inspection certification.
- When the current Covid restrictions are relaxed, we will offer field training for groups - a site visit to perform 'hands on' maintenance and inspection. We have an excellent site with a system using two - type 2 treatment plants and uniform dispersal. We might fit in another site or two also, subject to 'whatever Jeff has going on that week'!
- We currently offer a maintenance and inspection practicum opportunity. Jim provides one-on-one support for your assessment of a sewerage system at Nanoose Bay, BC. A pipe camera is provided. This is intended for one or two participants per session. You can anticipate spending at least four hours on site, followed by your creation of formal reports and drawings with desktop review by Jim. You pick the date, subject to Jim's availability. Contact Jim to discuss details.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30 - 9:00 pm, ten sessions.
- The webinars are live and interactive, using ZOOM conferencing software.
- Audio options include our toll-free telephone conference call or voice-over-internet options.
- Instructor-led lecture with learning exercises, group discussion, review sessions.
Learning resources are provided including digital files for:
- BC Sewerage System Regulation
- BC Sewerage System Standard Practice Manual
- ASTTBC Policies and Guidelines
- EGBC Policies and Guidelines
- Interpretive bulletins from the Ministry of Health
- Slide printouts and study notes.
- Extensive learning exercises, practice quizzes and self-study resources.
- Recordings of the sessions will be available for a limited time for your review (helpful if you miss a session!).
To register for this course please select the ADD TO CART button. Or, we can reserve your spot (pay later!) - just let us know.
If you require additional information, please don't hesitate to contact us. Call or email us directly, or use the contact form below.
Cancellations received at least 7 days prior to course date will result in a full refund. Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to the course are subject to a $200 administrative fee, with full reimbursement of the remaining balance. Substitutions of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
EQUIP Training may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment, in which case EQUIP's liability is limited to a full refund of the registration fee.
Get in touch!
We value one-to-contact. Please don't hesitate to call or email us for discussion about your pathway to ROWP certification or your professional development needs.
We are happy to help.