This course provides competencies for design of onsite sewerage systems with non-residential sources such as commercial or industrial operations, restaurants etc.
This fast-paced course is suitable for Professional Engineers and Geologists working in the onsite sewerage field of practice and for experienced Registered Onsite Wastewater Practitioners with the Planner certification.
- The regulatory framework for commercial and industrial wastewater sources.
- EGBC Professional Practice Guidelines - Onsite Sewerage Systems, including section 6.4 Special Source Considerations, and 6.2 Development of Custom Loading Rates.
- ASTTBC Policies and Guidelines related to non-residential sewage.
- Source characterization and considerations for high strength, high or low temperature and special contaminants.
- Treatment strategies including grease interception, aerobic and attached growth technologies, and other treatment options for non-residential wastewater.
- Soil dispersal strategies including custom loading rates, special site-capability considerations and departures from standard design.
- Identification and brief overview of research and design manuals for non-residential wastewater.
- An introduction to quantified methods for custom design, with a case study approach for a high strength system.
- Four online sessions, Mondays and Wednesdays, 6:30 - 9:00 pm, two weeks.
- The webinars are live and interactive, using ZOOM conferencing software.
- Audio options include our toll free telephone conference call or voice-over-internet options.
- Instructor led lecture with a case study for high strength waste.
To register for this course, please select the ADD TO CART button. Or, we can reserve your spot (pay later!) - just let us know.
If you require further information, please don't hesitate to contact us. Call or email us directly, or use the contact form below.
Cancellations received at least 7 days prior to course date will result in a full refund. Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to the course are subject to a $100 administrative fee, with full reimbursement of the remaining balance. Substitutions of attendees is permitted up to and including the course start date.
EQUIP Training may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment, in which case EQUIP's liability is limited to a full refund of the registration fee.
Get in touch!
We value one-to-contact. Please don't hesitate to call or email us for discussion about your pathway to ROWP certification or your professional development needs.
We are happy to help.